The School: Carmel Cooperative Preschool is a play-based, cooperative preschool that has had a thriving early childhood learning community since 2015. The school is located in Carmel, Indiana and is home to bright, well-appointed classrooms and an engaging playground that serves as an outdoor classroom.
Job Description: Our preschool teacher will teach 2-3 year old students social and emotional skills in a play-based, cooperative school setting. The teacher will work on a day-to-day basis with parents both inside and outside the classroom. The teacher will possess a progressive philosophy in education and have a background in one or more of the following: Reggio, Project Based, Montessori, Play Based, Forest Program and/or Loose Parts. This is a part-time position, approximately 8 hours per week.
Responsibilities: Including but not limited to:
- Create weekly age-appropriate, play-based lesson plans that align with the cooperative model.
- Mediate conflict with children so that they learn appropriate conflict resolution skills.
- Supervise, direct, and instruct parents that are participating in the classroom as teaching assistants.
- Attend and participate in activities related to the operation and promotion of the school such as:
- Staff and parent meetings
- Regularly scheduled Board meetings
- School events, open houses, and fundraisers
- Bachelor's Degree or Bachelor’s degree in education, preferred . Co-op experience preferred, must submit a background check and have an up-to-date CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must have excellent organization and communication skills while being flexible.
- Must have good management/delegating skills; parents will be assisting in the classroom on a daily basis.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with other professional staff and parents
- Must be comfortable creating and implementing a play and group project based curriculum
- Must be comfortable teaching class outside, in a variety of weather
- Must be willing to participate outside of classroom time for school events and fundraisers, continuing education, and workshops
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Caterpillars Class Teacher